Saturday, August 4, 2012

Making Progress . . . Slowly

As you may or may not know, August 1st has come and gone . . . .and the studio has not opened yet. When I signed my lease in June, I was guaranteed to be open by August 1st, if not middle of July. Whelp that did not happen and has stressed me out a little! Progress is being made, just a lot slower than I had hoped. During the first three weeks of construction, the place looked like a ghost town no matter what time of day I stopped by. After a couple of phone calls using what my mom's best friend/my camp roommate refers to as the "bitch on line one voice," people actually started showing up to work!

This week, I was able to start painting (really, I think it was just to give me something to do so I would stop bothering them!).

I now have a partial ceiling and lights.

They have started working on the kitchen wall.

Today, the were floating my floors. Because of time and the MESS that my floors are, I am not getting a vinyl plank hardwood floor!

They also spent some time rebuilding the outside.

People keep asking, "So when are you going to open?". As of now, this is my answer! This picture was taken right before I left today.

Lots and lots of work to still be done! And to top it off, there are people waiting to move next door where all my things are being stored. Fingers crossed there is much progress this week and I can nail down a definitive opening date.


No comments:

Post a Comment